Hastings District Council - from Spreadsheets to Software
SPM Assets set up the asset management software, so a pilot data collection project could begin. Existing historical information held in Council spreadsheets was filtered, mapped, and added to the asset database. The Council property team could now access all their data through the software – this included asset data, as well as photos, and reports. After some comprehensive training, the Council were able to maintain and update their data and could now generate budget reports for planning purposes. SPM Assets and the Council collaboratively agreed on the approach to be taken, and needed for a successful outcome.
Some of the key benefits of this solution include:
- Pre-populated templates allowing for an ‘overnight’ transition to software.
- Knowledge is now managed with staff being able to easily access property data.
- Information is able to be searched, analysed, and reported across the portfolio by anyone.
- Asset data being securely stored and backed up in the cloud and accessed anywhere with any internet connected device.
- Enabling new business processes making the analysis, practical use, and maintenance of asset data much easier.
Read the full case study here.