How to gain clarity on your project priorities
Over the past few years, we have heard from our customers time and time again that they are struggling to get all their asset-related projects together in one place. This is one of the common problems faced by people who manage assets, worldwide. That’s why SPM Assets has launched Programs – an easy-to-use Project Portfolio Management (PPM) software tool. Programs has been designed to help save time and strategically plan and prioritise projects.
7 reasons why Programs makes it easier and faster for you to prioritise your projects:
- Ditch those cumbersome spreadsheets: There are hundreds of reasons why we love spreadsheets, but managing the planning process with shared spreadsheets creates more problems than it solves. Programs is cloud based and removes all the frustration of shared spreadsheets so you can get started effortlessly. If you already have spreadsheets, Programs will extract the data from them, which makes getting up-and-running very quick and easy.
- Plan your way: We’re taking a different approach to planning; you no longer need to start with detailed asset data. A series of ‘planning boards’ for each of your budgeting scenarios can now drive your planning process from the top-down: this means you can get started with what you know now. Or you could use the asset level, evidence-based approach to build up your plan: build your projects in the Project Planning module, and then plan them out in Programs. It’s up to you: top-down, bottom-up, or a mixed targeted approach - whatever works for you.
- Quickly create works programmes: Reduce your workload by using Programs to drive your planning. You can use it to drive your one-year, five-year and 10-year works-programming budget process. Asset and Project Managers can now quickly build works-programmes and create a holistic view of every single project across all business areas in one central place. Bring your annual and long-term planning processes to life, to make asset management work better for you.
- Plan for different scenarios – easily: Programs lets you plan scenarios within the cloud-based software. This is easy and straightforward, compared to working in cumbersome spreadsheets.
- Stand-alone functionality – or use it with our other applications: Programs can be used with any other SPM Assets application, or stand-alone. We’ll gladly recommend the solution that works best for your organisation’s needs, and your budget.
- Leverage your existing data: Combine Programs with your existing asset data and use SPM Assets’ suite of analytical tools to make it possible to demonstrate the impact of project timing on business needs. You’ll finally have one central repository for all your planned projects.
- Working across multiple departments is easier than ever: Programs keeps your project planning data centralised, easily shared, easily interrogated, and easily auditable. This makes it easier to plan across multiple departments and people, and to make quick decisions. It also creates transparency and clarity with your whole team aligning on priorities.